I always loved ordering some Cashew Chicken from a Chinese or Asian inspired restaurant. Notice how I said loved… Now, I try to avoid take out altogether. Although we do have some take out sometimes, we make sure to avoid all the nasty stuff we don’t like: MSG (first and foremost), sugar (yuck!), and gluten (blegh). You get the point? No more breaded nonsense with a sauce full of MSG and sugar.
On this fat blast, day 1 to be exact, for lunch I created my very own Asian dish inspired by all the childhood nights where my mom and dad ordered Cashew Chicken with special fried rice. This time, there is just no rice involved.
Even though I have certain Asian sauces at home that go in the original recipe of this concoction. I chose to avoid all things heavy in sugary content even if it is all natural. Fat blast is about blasting the fat away forever and I can certainly live without the extra junk in my meals.
Follow right along to enjoy a delicious version of the renowned Asian recipe…Cashew Chicken!
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup raw cashews
1 tbsp Szechuan sauce
1 tbsp ginger dressing
1 tbsp McCormick Asian seasoning
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp cold water
- Cube chicken
- In a Tupperware bowl, add chicken, cashews and sauces/seasonings
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from fridge
- In a pan, place coconut oil
- When oil is melted, place on pan your cashew chicken mix
- Cook until lightly browned
- Up the heat a notch
- Add water for “wok cooked” type of flavor
- When water is evaporated, stir for just a few more minutes