For my third “Feature Friday”, I have Ana Pereira Sandee from @colorfulfoodie on Instagram. Thank you, girl! She’s such an amazing motivator + is simply so colorful all the way around. I tell you that this lifestyle is one of abundance + she truly lives it out. It’s so good to know you + be your friend. I hope to continue changing the world alongside you one post at a time.
P.S. Thanks again for sharing this recipe with all of us for the first time! xoxo
I have always been active and played sports, but my true passion for fitness started when I went on to get my doctorate in physical therapy and teach others about healthy living and rehabilitation.
My fitness goals are to perform at least 1 purposeful workout every day, even it it’s 5 minutes of an ab work out when I don’t have time….I’m quite busy and somedays it seems just impossible, but everyone has 5 minutes right?
My patients and the way my friends look up to me for advice keeps me motivated and on track. I don’t want to fail them but most importantly I feel I can’t fail myself.
If you fall off, just get right back on it. Don’t stay tomorrow, and tomorrow say tomorrow. Do it now, it’s about your frame of mind. You have to decide to change your life and take up healthy habits….Read about it, look for inspiration in others around you, be the best version of yourself! You’re already reading this so that means you follow a great inspirer, Estefania!(beautiful name, or simply chefNia 🙂
I, also, just purchased a Total gym! It’s fabulous! you can do anything on that thing! WOW!
Much love to you girl!
1 lb chicken, shredded
1 onion, sliced
2 (28 oz) cans of green enchilada sauce
1 cup low fat shredded mexican cheese
handful fresh cilantro
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
low fat sour cream or non fat plan greek yogurt
1-2 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tsp yellow curry powder
1/2-1 tsp paprika (If you can find smoked paprika get it, it adds another flavor to it, pretty tasty)
ground black pepper, to taste
1/4-1/2 tsp ground red pepper
12 corn tortillas
1. sautée onion in a large pot with a little bit of EVOO
2. boil the chicken until its fully cooked. drain and take it of the bone if you used boned chicken
3. shred the chicken (you can do it with a fork, but I do it by hand)
pull any fat, ligaments, etc out. (make sure the chicken has cooled of if you do it by hand otherwise you burn the crap out of your hands)
3. dump half of the enchilada sauce in bowl add cumin, curry, paprika, chili powder or red pepper, grind black pepper (about 3 turns) and some finely chopped cilantro as well and mix
4. add chicken to sauce concoction and mix it
5. add cheese slowly, leaving some to sprinkle over casserole when done.
6. find 1 or 2 large dishes that are at least the width of the tortillas when rolled and is deep enough. Spread a little oil on dishes with a paper towel so the tortillas won’t stick.
7. spoon enchilada filling into one tortilla at a time
8. preheat oven to 350 F
9. roll the tortilla and place in the oiled dish with the seam side down
10. repeat until out of enchiladas, stacking enchiladas next to each other
11. cover the top of the enchiladas with remaining green enchilada sauce
12. sprinkle enchiladas with the rest of the cheese
13. cover dishes with aluminum foil and place in oven for 20-30 minutes (until cheese is bubbling)
14. take foil off and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
15. add fresh cilantro as a garnish on top of enchiladas, and spoon some greek yogurt or light sour cream on the side with the chopped tomatoes.