Day 1 of “The 5 Day Detox” is just coming to a close and I am already feeling better. I don’t know what it is about doing this detox that makes my body so happy but I am keeping it coming. I may just begin doing it once a month versus twice a year. It can help me achieve my goal weight/size this year because that’s on my “Dreams for 2014” list. Smile. Read below to enjoy this nice Italian bad boy meal without all the guilt of gross, gluten pasta.
2 zucchini, spiralized blade C
1 tomato, roughly chopped
1/2 gala apple, cored + peeled
1/4 red onion
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp oregano leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
Bill Bragg’s amino acids, to taste
1. watch this video —> How to Spiralize: Zucchini
2. in your food processor, pulse all your sauce ingredients until smooth
3. now that you’ve made your sauce + watched that very informative video by the beautiful @Inspiralized, we can get to making noodles with your Spiralizer
4. cut the ends off your zucchini
5. prepare your Spiralizer + start making noodles!
6. cut your noodles with a kitchen scissor to make them a nice length
7. heat a large small pot to medium heat
8. drizzle a bit of olive oil + heat sauce until thickened
9. on a large pan drizzled with a bit of olive oil, toss the noodles until slightly wilted
10. serve zucchini noodles, aka zoodles, topped with some of your sauce
Beautiful prep pics for you all.