Day 4 of “The 5 Day Detox” just beginning and I am feeling so much more refreshed. With all the issues I have sleeping, I am happy to say I got a good night’s rest yesterday. I even got up this morning to go to my grandma’s house to have breakfast with her and my parents. I brought this, my hot lemon water, green tea, my detox drink, and this. They couldn’t believe I would pass up some arepas for this. BUT commitment is the key to success.
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/4 cup coconut water
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tsp raw honey, preferably local
1. in a small glass bowl, microwave your frozen berries of choice for 30-45 seconds, I used strawberries
2. with a fork/spoon, mash berries
3. in a mason jar, pour coconut water + 2 tbsp berries
4. mix remaining berries with honey to top oats, set aside
5. top the jar with lid + shake
6. remove lid + add remaining ingredients
7. top the jar with lid + shake until mixed well
8. garnish oats with remaining berries + honey mixture
9. clean your lid before topping, I hate dirty lids in the morning
10. refrigerate overnight
11. eat in the morning, enjoy!
What my prep looks like.