I know you guys may be thinking, “This girl is overdoing it on the casseroles and Thanksgiving food posts”, but I had to do something to get rid of all my leftovers, as well as share my holiday recipes, before I went on my trip to Baltimore/DC/Alexandria.
I hate going on a trip and leaving food to go bad! It’s such a pet peeve. Read below to see how you can practically turn any leftovers into a delicious, healthy, and nutritious casserole.
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 tomato, chopped
1 vidalia onion, diced
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 orange pepper, sliced
1/4 yellow pepper, sliced
2 cups carrot noodles
1 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup kernel corn, thawed
1/4 cup shredded cheese
spray coconut oil
few sprays Bill Bragg’s amino acids
1. preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. chop up all veggies that weren’t already left over and julienne your carrots
3. in a medium mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients except shredded cheese
4. spray a small casserole dish with coconut oil
7. pour in the mixture
8. top with shredded cheese
9. place in the oven for 30-45 minutes
* This little casserole was made with all leftover ingredients from Thanksgiving so, as versatile as this recipe is, you can add whatever you have leftover to it. Get creative!